(Greek: Ξυλοτύμβου) is a small town in Larnaca District in south-eastern Cyprus. It is one of the three exclaves surrounded by the Eastern Sovereign Base Area of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, a British Overseas Territory, administered as a Sovereign Base Area.
The others are the village of Ormidhia, the EAC Refugee Settlement
and Dhekelia Power Station.
Xylotymbou is small town in Cyprus
administratively attached to Larnaca, and belonged until 1917 to Famagusta.
It is located southeast of the island, within a landlocked enclave
surrounded by the British bases.
The name Xylotymbou
comes in a version from the existence of forests for logging in the region, while in another version, the
prefix "wood-" was added to distinguish the village from the nearby village
Although the village is referred to as unoccupied in 1821 and
had only seven homes in 1840, the presence of many churches of 12th-14th century in the past suggest that there should be a major settlement there.
The residents of Xylotymbou
work in agriculture, animal husbandry and trade. Many residents work in the British
base of Dhekeleia and in the tourism industry at Ayia Napa, Protaras and Larnaca.
Xylotymbou is famous for its many churches and especially the majestic convent of Saint Raphael.
the two clubs of Xylotymbou and Kimon Xylotymbou founded the united Football Club Xylotymbou 2006.