|The Junkerhaus is one of Büsingen's
tourist attractions and was the residence for the local bailiffs. From
1535 till 1854 Büsingen belonged to Austria and was ruled by the Im
Thurn family. On 10 April 1693 Büsingen bailiff and Nobleman Eberhard
Im Thurn who resided in this building took a decision which eventually
stopped the incorporation of Büsingen into the Swiss federation and
which led to the present enclave and exclave situation.
This page was last time updated 31/03/10